Further Education

During the 5th year, students can pursue further education that can lead, in some cases, to a dual degree.

1. Research Masters : (link to INSA Reserach Masters page)

Some Masters are directly linked to the department and can be taken as dual degree for SGM students, depending on the option or if an agreement has been signed with the department.

Materials Masters : link Materials masters

- Polymer Materials curriculum (14 EU)

- Multimaterials and Materials Engineering (16).

Electronics Electrotechnical engineering Automated Processes Masters (EEAP) :  : link EEAP
- Electronics and Airborne Systems curriculum (ESE)

Synthesis, Aging and Characterization of Nuclear Materials Masters (SYVIC)  : link SYVIC

Nanoscale Engineering Masters (NSE) : link NSE

2. Nuclear Engineering

The department has a dual degree agreement with the National Institute of Nuclear Techniques and Sciences (INSTN). Upon admission, the student can do his 5th year at the INSTN and therefore receive a certificate in Nuclear Engineering, or, by taking another semester at INSA, get a dual degree.

3. Petroleum and engine

The department has a cooperation agreement with the IFP-School. Upon admission, the student can do his 5th year at the IFP-School. At the end of that year, he will graduate from INSA. If he takes another year of school and work experience alternating at the IFP-School, he will then graduate with a dual degree and get a certificate in Nuclear Engineering, or by taking another semester at INSA he will get a dual degree.


   A research masters allows students to deepen his knowledge in one field and is an opening to a PhD at INSA or somewhere else.

   A PhD is increasingly recognized as a professional experience and a higher qualification by big companies.