Developing a partnership with INSA Lyon and the SGM department is sharing an ambition and matching strong and sustainable values. We train humanist engineers, open to the world and its stakes, in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment. Being a real partner opened to the economic world, INSA Lyon falls within a constant dynamic of evolution and harmony of classes and companies’ need by offering original and lasting cooperation.GO ALONG WITH THE COMPANIES’ EMPLOYER BRANDTo go along with the employer brand of our associated companies, we offer partnerships on the principle of the sponsorship of a cohort of the SGM department. A specific cooperation method that allows the companies to be closely associated with the pedagogy and to be recognized by the students as training stakeholders in their own rights. The objective of sponsorships is to give the companies personalized, privileged and supervised contacts with students with an improvement of the company’s image. A tailored course of actions gives rhythm to the relations with the students over 3 years: sponsorship launching conference, mock interviews, targeted posting of job and internship offers, pedagogical interventions, site tours, graduation...HOW IT WORKSA sponsorship agreement is signed between INSA Lyon and the company to set the framework of common actions to implement through the sponsorship, to define the measures of those actions for the 3 academic years, and to set up the financial terms related to this sponsorship. The SGM department is a co-signer of the agreement. The student association of the department is associated with the sponsorship to implement the action plan.EXAMPLE OF ACTION PLANS
- Sponsorship launching conference
This conference rallies the whole 3rd year cohort and gives a first opportunity to students and instructor researchers of the department to get in touch. During the 2h long conference, there will be: a presentation of the company and its recruiting terms, a job round table with INSA alumni who have a job within the company, or a conference about a technology of the company. The head of the department, the head of companies relations and students will have lunch together. If necessary, the afternoon will be dedicated to exchanges with students and/or a tour of the technological platforms. A special article dedicated to the sponsorship will be broadcast in the INSA Lyon Newsletter.
- Sponsorship launching conferenceThis conference rallies the whole 3rd year cohort and gives a first opportunity to students and instructor researchers of the department to get in touch. During th 2 hours long conference, there will be : a presentation of the company and its recruiting terms, a job round table with INSA alumni who have a job within the company, or a conference about a technology of the company. The head of the department, the head of the companies relations and students will have lunch together. If necessary, the afternoon will be dedicated to exchanges with students and / or a tour of the technological platforms. A special article dedicated to the sponsorship will be broadcast in the INSA Lyon newsletter.
- Job presentation conferenceThose presentations allow some industrialists to come and present their business, the type of engineers and of jobs to students and instructors, during an hour, divided into 30 min of presentation followed by Q&A. The speaker will then suggest a theme that matters to him to initiate a discussion with the students. For example: engineer abroad, SMB-SMI/major group, handicap in a company, engineer/sustainable development: what are the challenges?
- Mock interviewsEvery year, one Thursday afternoon will be dedicated to mock interviews conducted by the company’s teams for the 4th and 5th year students of the department.
- Site toursThe company organizes site tours for groups of students. Students of the sponsored cohorts will also have the chance to be invited to specific group events.
- Suggestion of group project and individual research project (PFE) topicsThe company can suggest at least one group project for the 4th year students. The topic will be considered within the department in priority. Some end-of-studies project topics can also be suggested in collaboration with one of the three associated laboratories of the department (INL, IMP and MATEIS). The PFE will be charged at the applicable price for each department in dialogue with the laboratories.
- Posting of job and internship offers for young graduatesA targeted mailing of offers from the company will be done at the same time as the traditional posting on the websites of the department and the head of companies relations of INSA Lyon.
- Relay of all the recruiting communication of the company: games, contests... Targeted 2h pedagogical interventions offered by the company within the framework of classes offered by the department.
- GraduationThe company will join the Head of the SGM department for the sponsored engineering students’ graduation ceremony. Note that the Graduation Ceremony of INSA Lyon takes place in 3 sections:
- An institutional dimension INSA Lyon conducted by the Head of INSA Lyon. It gathers all the departments of INSA Lyon and all the students of the cohort and their parents. The sponsor is invited to this institutional ceremony.- Department specific ceremonies take place independently and gather the sponsor, the engineering students of the cohort, the parents, and the different stakeholders of other departments.- During the evening, there will be the INSA Lyon Gala reception in which the sponsor will take part.FINANCIAL TERMSThe company commits to giving money to INSA yearly in the framework of the sponsorship for 3 successive years. The amount determined at the beginning of the sponsorship could be paid via the apprenticeship tax (out of quota in categories C and B by accumulation) and/or via a sponsoring action by invoicing of INSA Lyon.